Wednesday, January 13, 2010

3/3/2007

It's been a busy week at the Power House in Baltimore, Maryland.

It started out Sunday with Morning Worship. Between the youth ski retreat and some stormy weather we had a small group. We continued our series on adding value to people.

During Kids' Church we learned the story in Mark 5:1-20. Our corresponding craft was a pig on a skateboard. The kids thought we should make more and sell them at the Pigtown Fest this fall.

About 4.5 inches of slush and snow covered the streets and sidewalks by evening so some people didn't brave the weather to attend Evening Worship. Those who did gather were able to hear about the ski retreat and some of the plans for camp that developed over the weekend.

Wednesday started with our SonRisers activities in the morning. Gloria and I reviewed the progress on her sermon preparation afterward. I then met with Woody to discuss specifics on placement of the cross he's about ready to mount on the wall of the church. The Village Center contacted me to set up a time next week they could use the building for a meeting. We resumed our Temple School course that evening and followed it with our community prayer time.

Throughout the week I've been playing catch-up. With being sick one week and gone for a funeral several days the next it created quite a backlog of email and paperwork. I probably got about 70% of the backlog taken care of.

I learned that Jackie was in the hospital so I stopped by there on Thursday morning. Later that day I was out stretching my legs in the park when I caught up with one of our kids. He had just gotten off a bus and I was wondering why he was home from school so early. When I asked if he'd gotten in trouble, he said, "No. I was about to, though, so I decided to leave rather than stay and get into trouble."

We had above average sized groups at all three Pizza Church sessions this Friday. Afterward, Gloria practiced her sermon. She did a really good job and only needed to polish a couple of rough spots before Sunday.

Some women in the church are organizing an exercise group to help with their personal stewardship over their health. As a part of their vision we're hoping to get some exercise equipment and set it up in the balcony. If you're in the area and have exercise equipment at home that's collecting dust and would like to donate it to the cause please contact me.

On Saturday the Mission Center pastors gathered for the day in Stafford, Virginia. Once home from it I was able to get some home visits in and finish the preparations for Sunday's services.

Just as I was getting ready to leave the church the phone rang. The godmother of the first kid I helped confirm when we moved here in 1998 called to let me know that she was engaged and looking to get married in a private ceremony. We'll be scheduling that for sometime next week.

Looking ahead to next week we'll have our regular schedule of activities. In addition, the church will be used by the Village Center for a meeting on Monday night. The exercise group will also have its first meeting that evening as well. We'll have a priesthood meeting on Thursday. Saturday evening is our monthly Solid Rock Cafe.

Along with the individuals and activities mentioned, please keep the following individuals in the forefront of your prayers:

Damon
Kyle
Katelin
Jeffrey
Marquel
Tyrone
Dondewan
Melina

Thank you for your continued prayer support.

Jeff and everyone at
The Power House
"Building the Kingdom of God Here and Now"
PowerHouseMD@Juno.com
www.pigtownchurch.org

No comments:

Post a Comment