Friday, January 15, 2010

5/25/2008

It’s been a busy week at the Power House in Baltimore, Maryland.



It started out Sunday with our three services. Some friends of the church stopped by during Morning Worship looking for help with their electric bill. We learned the story of the sheep and the goats (Matthew 25) at Kids’ Church. The main focus of prayer during Evening Worship was about the upcoming youth camp.



I mailed in our first batch of camp forms on Monday morning. We sent in all that we have money for at this time. I’ll continue to process paperwork in hopes of raising additional monies to get the kids to camp.



On Monday evening I flew out to California. I spent Tuesday through Thursday at a pastors’ conference at Saddleback Church. I caught an overnight flight back to Baltimore arriving home shortly after 7:00 a.m. on Friday.



While I was gone things continued smoothly. At least I assume so as I believe I would have heard by now if things went badly. Nearly 90 kids participated in SonRisers on Wednesday. That evening, the Adult Disciples group watched the movie “The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe” together on the plasma TV.



This week LB had her baby. She was more than a week overdue. She and the baby are doing fine. Tamara and I took a gift of baby supplies over to her house on Saturday afternoon.



The Power House was featured this week in the Maryland Auto and Truck Recyclers Association newsletter. It included a couple of pictures of kids at camp and had a testimony from one business owner about the personal satisfaction she receives from sending kids to camp and providing gifts for families in the community each Christmas. She was encouraging others in the industry to do likewise.



Friday night brought Pizza Church. When I was telling the kids that I went to California because I had a conference, one of them got wide-eyed and asked, “You mean you got in trouble?!?” We explained that is wasn’t the same kind of conferences that they would have with their teachers, the principal, and their mother at the school.



On Saturday I continued working on hunting down signatures for camp forms. I was able to track down several more parents and process some additional forms.



While I was doing this I was also able to visit with several other people. Among them was the mother of one our kids who now serves in the Army. She told me that he was supposed to be home on leave this week but that he had gotten in a fight (which resulted in breaking the other guy’s nose) just before he was to leave so he could not come home as a part of his punishment.



That night brought our monthly Sundae Church. Afterward, Danny and I filled the font in preparation for Sunday’s baptisms.



Looking ahead to next week we’ll have our regular schedule of activities. In addition,

Along with the individuals and activities mentioned, please keep the following individuals in the forefront of your prayers:



Matthew

Keith

Tim

Tony

Derris

Diane

Stacy

Amber

Monica



Thank you for your continued prayer support.



Jeff and everyone at

The Power House

“Building the Kingdom of God Here and Now”

PowerHouseMD@Juno.com

www.pigtownchurch.org

No comments:

Post a Comment